Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Graaahhhh >:(

Yay me! A milestone. My first workout related injury! I have quad strain. I ran yesterday, and my right quad seized on me and has been sore every since. I tired running on the treadmill this morning and just couldn't finish it. Guess that means no more running/leg workouts for me for the rest of the week. SO ANGRY. It's often hard for me to get my motivation going, and now that my motivation is up, I don't want it to sink back down. I want to keep going, keep pushing, keep working. But Joe was all like "if you keep running, you'll permanently injure yourself." I replied with my usual stubborn complaint of how i don't want to stop. And he pulled Jamie out of his arsenal. "If Jamie Eason had an injury, she wouldn't work it."  *slamheaddesk*
Courtesy of Jamie's facebook page, which I stalk
every day. Ooops. 
  I suppose I need to mention... I'm slightly obsessed with Miss Eason. I mean... How cute is she?! <3 No seriously.
 She's a fitness model and oxygen magazine cover girl and my fitness inspiration! Even though we have the exact opposite body types, I just love her attitude and approach to fitness and health. Her workout plans will kick your butt, yet at the same time are practical and easy to implement into life. There are no 8 hour sessions of bench presses with 800 pound weights and 70 hours of cardio.  Her facebook page is here and her LiveFit trainer (which I'm currently working on) is here.
 I'll rant more about her later. And probably pretty often. But back to my injury...
  After doing some internet research, I have grade 1 quad strain. Comes from (drumroll) running and or weight lifting. WHOOPS! I have to keep away from any strenuous activity for 1 week. ONE WEEK?!?!? I sprint 4 times a week and train my legs at least twice. I'm just not even sure what i'm going to do. I have to do cardio to keep up with my plan. Very, very frustrated having to backtrack. *sigh* Maybe I can do some pilates that don't involve my quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment