Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Never Though I'd be a Willie Nelson Fan.

  Country music has never really been a big part of my life. Neither of my parents listen to it, none of my friends do, therefore, I didn't for a long while. Sometimes, now, I'll turn the radio to the country station if Taylor Swift comes on the pop channel (ironic? Yes.) Even when I do decide to listen to country, Willie Nelson certainly isn't the artist I'm hoping to hear. I'm not hating, I just don't have any exposure to his music. Honestly, the last time I thought about the Red Headed Stranger was when he guest starred on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. LOL! Anyway, my lovely cousin, Allison, posted this on her facebook today.
HOW FREAKING COOL IS THIS?!?!? Apprently, Mr. Nelson and a handful of other musicians including John Mellencamp and The Dave Matthews Band perform concerts to raise money for family farmers. They're against Megacorps like Monsanto running and ruining the food industry. I joined the Facebook fan-page, read over their official website, and their blog. This is a great cause, and I encourage you to look further into this. Farm Aid has raised more than 39 million dollars for family farmers. It makes me so angry and sad that farmers are suffering the way they are because of huge, inhuman and inhumane corporations. If I can make it before work this saturday, I'm going to make the extra effort to get to the farmer's market for sure. A small search on the internet, too, can help you find ways to buy locally farmed foods. Especially with summer approaching, many many foods will be available locally. Take advantage of the cheaper prices and the health benefits! You're also helping your neighbours & your local economy. It's a win-win for everyone involved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment